Meditation on the Problems of Humanity
1. Sit in a comfortable position, erect but not tense or strained. Relax. See that the breathing is even and quiet.
2. To meditate always in the same place is helpful.
3. 15 to 30 minutes daily is suggested. 5 minutes every day done regularly is of far more value than 30 minutes done irregularly.
4. If you have not had previous experience of meditation, difficulty in concentration is to be expected. Perseverance is needed. If necessary bring the mind back to the required work every time it wanders. Patient practice brings ever increasing skill.
Attitude to be assumed
1. Remember we are sharing our effort with a dedicated company of men and women of goodwill.
2. Realise that essentially you are a soul and as such have rapport with all souls.
3. Be conscious that meditation is not a passive, reflective form of devotion but a positive creative use of mind, actively linking the inner and the outer worlds.
4. Use the creative imagination to see yourself at one with all humanity and with all that is new, progressive and spiritual.
5. Adopt a confident attitude which evokes spiritual illumination. This 'as if' attitude can have magical results.
1. Reflect upon the fact of relationship. You are related to:
(a) your family
(b) your community
(c) your nation
(d) the world of nations
(e) the One Humanity made up of all races and nations
2. Use this mantram of unification:
The souls of men are one and I am one with them.
1. Dwell upon the theme of service, your links with service groups and how, with your fellow servers, you can help the divine Plan.
2. Reflect upon the Problem which you are studying and know that goodwill can bring solution. Include the Seed Thought:
Unity and right human relations - individual, communal, national and international - can be brought about by the united action of the men and women of goodwill in every country.
3. Invoke the spiritual inspiration in finding solution to the problem by using the final stanza of the mantram of unification:
Let vision come and insight.
1. Realise that you are contributing to the building of a bridge between the Kingdom of Heaven and earth. Think about this bridge of communication.
1. Having built the bridge, visualise light, love and blessing descending over the bridge to humanity.
2. Use the Great Invocation. Say it with deliberation and full commitment to its meaning:
From the point of Light within the Mind of God
From the point of Love within the Heart of God
From the centre where the Will of God is known
From the centre which we call the race of men
Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.
OM OM OM