SECTION TWO - TEACHINGS ON MEDITATION - Part 5
Later again, the disciple in the Ashram becomes aware of the meditation proceeding all the time within the greater Ashram, the Hierarchy. This is the Ashram (if I might repeat the statement) of Sanat Kumara, the Lord of the World. This great Ashram is headed and controlled by the Christ. The aspiring disciple becomes conscious of a vast meditational rhythm which is like the action of the human heart in its beat; it is both receiving and distributing, invocative and evocative; as he becomes habituated in this meditation rhythm, he learns to swing his own individual meditation into the set rhythm of the Hierarchy; this is a definite  step forward, for the hierarchical rhythm is one of tremendous potency—a potency so great that it penetrates beyond the hierarchical ring-pass-not.
The effect of that reflective vibration is both vertical and horizontal, and this wide diffusion has led to the formation of that major group of contemplatives, the Nirmanakayas; They focus the hierarchical invocative appeal and (to quote the Old Commentary) "put it into the musical form which will please the ear of the One Who dwells in the highest plane." They then transfer the focussed received energies—after due reflection and contemplation—to Shamballa. One of Their functions is to relate the invocative appeal of the Hierarchy to karmic law, and thus determine "in the deep silence of Their united work" what can be possible because it does not infringe upon karmic intention, and what is not yet possible in time and space—those two major factors which are governed by karmic law. They have to bear in mind that the time has not yet come and "the karmic era cannot yet demand that demanded good become accomplished good."
The members of this group are also transmitters to the Hierarchy of the response evoked from Shamballa. They are constantly in touch with the Council Chamber at Shamballa. Just as the Hierarchy—in this present cycle of world endeavour—is working through the New Group of World Servers, so Shamballa is carrying out its intentions (as far as humanity is concerned) through this group of Nirmanakayas. This all connotes a great centralisation of the work in connection with the reappearance of the Christ.
You can see, therefore, that a gigantic group meditation is going on in many differing phases upon our planet. All the meditating units and the reflective groups are related to each other through unity of spiritual motive; they are seeking closer cooperation and endeavouring to bring their meditation work—consciously or unconsciously—in to a state of positive universal quiet, so that the formulation of spiritual desire can be carried successfully forward, and the reception of spiritual energy can be a united reception.
Therefore, brother of mine, a great effort towards alignment is going on, and when the individual aspirant can so  meditate that his voice can reach the New Group of World Servers, that group can then impress the individual; through him humanity can be reached. It can also impress the Hierarchy; then the Contemplatives Who are in touch with Shamballa can contact the Hierarchy, and through the Hierarchy can impress the New Group of World Servers; then, and only then, the moment will arrive when the Christ will come.
Already upon the mountains of initiation the sound of His feet can be heard. He works now with His initiates within the Hierarchy; Their united meditation is hastening the preparatory work and is also leading to the initiation of countless disciples, thus rendering them far more useful than would otherwise be the case.
The united meditation of these disciples is collaborating with that of the Christ and of the Masters, and senior initiates will impress the members of the New Group of World Servers; those in this latter group who are, as disciples, members of the Hierarchy, become the agents of this impression. The meditation of the New Group of World Servers, in conjunction with the hierarchical meditation, will inevitably impress the sons of men who are seeking and longing for liberation; thus a great channel or Path of Light is created by cooperative meditation, and along that Path—speaking symbolically—the Christ will come.
In my last instruction I made the statement that meditation was the major creative agent in the universe. There are other universes that are ahead of us in development and, in them, the emphasis may not be upon creation by use of mental energies; others may not be so advanced and, in them, mental energy may be in process of unfolding or expressing itself—in the evolutionary sense. There are also universes and solar systems where the quality and the conditions of the manifesting universe, solar system or planet are unknown to us. It must be borne in mind that though in all manifestations the three aspects (of purpose or will, attraction,  magnetic love or plan, and appearance as manifestation of both of these) are necessarily present, the manifesting Entity (responsible for these expressions of divinity) may work through and "occultly declare" conditions and qualities of which we have no experience or knowledge. We may possess utterly no idea in the highest flights of our abstract thinking (and this includes the most advanced thinkers upon our planet) of the nature of the impulses and concepts which animate certain universal Creators. Ponder on this.
I also pointed out to you that there are three major groups of meditating agents who act as intermediaries between the three groups of Self-conscious Lives upon our planet, and also between our planet and that which lies behind and beyond it and with which our planetary Logos has intimate and intensive relation. I am not, however, going to deal today with that which is extra-planetary; it would be, for you, sheer waste of time. I will deal with the theme of meditation as the agent of the creative process Now, and with the part meditation must play in the preparation for the coming of the Christ and the inauguration of the new civilisation which is so definitely on its way.
There are, as you may surmise (if you have read my instructions intelligently), seven phases of the creative meditative process; all of them are productive of the required results. All that at present exists in the three worlds and in the higher spheres is the result of some form of meditative activity. These seven sources are:
1. The planetary Logos Himself, Who formed and informed the world by His thought, and Who holds all together within His Mind for the many, many aeons of manifested existence. As I have before said, the occult truism that "God thought, God visualised, God spoke and the world was made and is sustained" remains eternally true.
2. The Group which is the higher correspondences of the Nirmanakayas. This group sustains and cooperates with the planetary Logos in His concentrated creative thought; its Members are the agents for attracting—through the potency of Their meditation—those extra-planetary energies  which He needs to carry forward His vehicle of expression, the planet, and thus to bind all together into one great created Whole, tending ceaselessly to the greater glory of God. They wield the Law of Synthesis and hold steadfastly (in the universal Mind of the Logos) the ultimate result of the divine Will-to-Good.
3. Shamballa, with its life and intention focussed in the Council Chamber of the great Lord, Sanat Kumara. Here is known and embodied the Purpose of the planetary Logos under the meditative impression of the group which knows His will and which wields the Law of Synthesis. In the hands of this august Council, the Law of Karma finds adequate planetary guidance; this does not refer to the law as it affects the individual human being because of such individuals the Council Members have no knowledge, for the reason that They think and meditate only in terms of the Whole; but They know the nature of planetary karma and of its delayed or rapid application, according to transient planetary indications. The great Wheel of Life, with its passing manifestations and its recurring civilisations, is directed by Them; the manifesting kingdoms in nature, great cyclic expressions of life, are controlled by Them, and all this is produced through the potency of Their creative meditation which impresses the needed inspiration (another phrase for the breath of life itself) upon the Nirmanakayas and through Them upon the spiritual Hierarchy. Their link with all these planetary groups (and it is real and vital) can be grasped in the key statement that "all Lives upon or within the aura of the planetary Logos and of His manifested Body, the Earth, have been, are or will be in the future human beings, thereby establishing and demonstrating their past, present or future identity with humanity, the fourth kingdom in nature." This kingdom is the planetary group or centre which expresses in time and space all the divine aspects—sometimes in latency and sometimes in potency. Here lies the clue to the entire mystery of divine guidance, and here is also to be found the guarantee of the divine Will-to-Good.
4. The Nirmanakayas, the divine Contemplatives. This is the receptive group which receives impression from Shamballa in relation to the planetary creative purpose. Then They, on Their own level of atmic activity, build—through contemplative meditation—a vast reservoir of potent energies which are impregnated with the qualities of the seven energies of the seven planetary Rays. They are the Custodians of life, under the direct inspiration of the Buddhas of Activity, and They spend the aeons of Their planetary service:
a. In active contemplation of the divine Purpose.
b. In a developed receptivity to that aspect of the Purpose which must be expressed through the medium of the divine Plan, and thus presented to the Hierarchy.
c. In developing that spirit of sevenfold receptivity which will make Them a channel for the inflow of ray energies from Shamballa into the Hierarchy. Their united aura or area of influence and the extent of Their magnetic and dynamic radiation correspond roughly to the aura of the planet itself; They contain (within Their ranks) Members Who are identified with the Lords of the seven Rays.
They are, in a peculiar sense, the creative agents of life as it streams forth from Shamballa into all the aspects, areas, kingdoms and fields of manifestation. This They are enabled to do through sustained, concentrated, intensive and dynamic meditation. They are necessarily a second ray group (as the second ray is the ray at present of the planetary Logos) but They focus Their meditation largely along first ray lines (which is a subray of the second ray in this solar system, as you know) because They are the creative agents of life itself and the knowers and the custodians of the will of the planetary Logos, as it works itself out in manifestation. They are the source in reality  of planetary invocation and evocation. Again, ponder on this.
5. The Hierarchy of Masters, the Masters of the Wisdom and the Lords of Compassion. This group, which stands midway between Shamballa and Humanity, is subject to impression from Shamballa, via the Nirmanakayas, and its Members are Themselves the agents for the impression of Humanity. They embody and express the love aspect of the divine purpose; They wield, direct and control the Law of Attraction—the motivating energy which swings the Law of Evolution into activity in the three worlds. Much is known by you anent this group of divine and spiritual Workers, and I will not enlarge upon it here. Basically, They work through directed meditation and each Ashram is a centre of meditation to which every disciple, initiate and Master contributes. I would have you bear this in mind and endeavour to realise, as disciples, that your meditation—both individual and group meditation—if it is of an adequate nature and quality—will be absorbed into and become part of the ashramic meditation. The theme of the hierarchical meditation is the Plan, as it embodies the divine Purpose.
6. The New Group of World Servers is fast becoming a major centre of planetary meditation. Much of this meditation is far from being of an occult nature but that is of no importance; it is largely based upon deep reflection upon the problems of humanity, backed and aided by the deep aspiration of the mystics found within its ranks, and aided also by the meditation of those few esotericists (technically speaking) who are working there also. This group is a reflection of the invocative and evocative capacity of the Nirmanakayas, but this aspect of their activity is only in process of being learnt and applied. The entire activity of the New Group of World Servers along the invocative line was stepped up and greatly hastened by the giving to the world of the three Invocations during the past few years. What was actually a vague demand and a fluid nebulous receptivity became (by the use of the Invocations)  a powerful invocative plea, and resulted in the evocation of energies from the Hierarchy which were transmitted by the New Group of World Servers to Humanity and which are responsible for much of the constructive work now going forward in many parts of the world. I have told you much about this group and will not enlarge upon it here; your understanding of the work to be done should be instinctual for you all belong to it, if you are in any way dedicated to the service of humanity, under inspiration of the Hierarchy; your instinctual reaction to hierarchical impression as a member of this group should develop rapidly into an habitual life tendency. Thus is a Master created. The creative meditation of the New Group of World Servers has for its objectives the creation of the new civilisation and of the new world order.
This group itself works through another group: the intelligent men and women upon the mental plane, those who, added to the intelligence, possess a love of their fellowmen; these, in their turn, work through the idealists who seek a better world and those who respond to the inspiration of goodwill. This last group, in its turn, works with all who are emotionally implicated in the desire to help humanity change its living conditions for the better. These people are not open to direct spiritual impression, but the intellectual approach and the presentation of ideas appeal to them, and they constitute the active creative group who act as the dynamic inspiration to the seventh group, which is
7. Humanity itself. Men everywhere are, if they only knew it, always in a state of unconscious meditation, dreaming of better things, fighting for desired material benefits, longing for that which lies beyond their present possession and their present attainment and, in many cases, even their vision. All these desires, longings, wishes, visions and dreams are the "ingredients" of the focussed meditation which they will some day know; they are the first results which produce success in the three worlds, and which lead  eventually to an integrated personality, ready to appreciate the higher aspects of meditation when concentration upon worldly material success and benefits has proved no longer appealing. That which they have, through meditative concentration, succeeded in creating (and all men, under the Law of Karma, create their own world) no longer satisfies; their meditation then shifts into the creation of higher things, into the world of spiritual values and of that which we cover by the unsuccessful and inadequate term of "heaven."
See you, therefore, how all that is, is created by meditation, by desire merging into transient thought, and transient thought becoming clear thinking and, eventually, abstract and transcendent thought. Prolonged concentration upon some form or another eventually becomes meditation upon that which is not of the nature of form; from thence it passes into that contemplation which is the source of inspiration and of illumination.
Trace these concepts which you, who have studied the Science of Meditation, know to constitute its recognised stages, and note how each stage is creative in nature, each stage produces creative changes and that (as far as humanity is concerned) the Christ spoke scientifically and also in a planetary sense when He said: "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."
You have, therefore, three major groups of thinkers and three other groups of intensive, creative thinkers, all of them responsible for and also dedicated to the comprehension of the divine Purpose as it works out through the spiritual hierarchical Plan; this is applied under the Law of Evolution to humanity and, through humanity, to the subhuman kingdoms in nature. From the human family, all divine Lives and Beings have come; in humanity the creative process is constantly working; and into humanity all subhuman lives must eventually proceed. As regards the meditative creative process, the diagram on the following page may serve somewhat to clear your minds:
We need not deal here with the higher groups of spiritual Intermediaries and Their techniques of creative work, because Their meditation lies on too high a level for your consideration. But the meditation work done by the Hierarchy and by the New Group of World Servers lies within your range of understanding; many disciples will read what I am here saying and, in time, many of the lesser workers and aspirants in the ranks of the group will come to an understanding of my meaning. It might profit us if I briefly stated  the grades of meditative work, leading to creative result of an effective nature, upon which you might reflect. For our purposes we will divide them into seven grades, of which four might be regarded as individual and the other three types as representative of their group nature:
1. Desire, leading to the attainment in the three worlds of that which the lower man desires and wants; this will include the desires of the lowest types of human beings through all intermediate types up to and inclusive of the aspirational mystic.
2. Prayer; this is the stage wherein the aspirant, the mystic or the spiritually inclined man blends personality desire with aspiration for soul relation and contact; he, through the proved efficacy of prayer, discovers the subtler powers and the fact of the essential dualism of life; he finds that he himself is both a lower self and a higher Self.
3. Mental reflection or concentrated thinking. This in time produces integration and definite personality achievement in the three worlds, leading eventually to controlled reflection and scientific or concentrated thoughts; this type of thinking has produced all the creative wonders of our modern civilisation and it culminates in the concentration achieved in occult meditation. This meditation finally brings about the reorientation of the personality and soul fusion.
4. Straight meditation. This is a focussed, concentrated mental attitude and fixed reflection; it is creative in nature, for it creates the "new man in Christ" or produces the soul-infused personality; this personality then proceeds to recreate his environment and to cooperate consciously with the creative work of the Hierarchy.
Little as you may realise it, all these expressions of human meditation or concentrated thought—whether it is concentrated desire for physical or emotional objectives or the higher aspects of spiritual, concentrated aspiration—do definitely  create that which is desired. This is equally true of the other three stages, for they are intelligently and effectively creative and these four stages are responsible for all that is seen, possessed, utilised and known as existent in the three worlds. Men have inherited from previous civilisations much of value and much which is disastrous in nature; in their turn, modern men have created this present civilisation. This civilisation is unique, because it is the result of all the combined factors, and these factors have succeeded in bringing humanity to the point where there is recognition of failure, and in proving that religion and science together have reoriented men to the world of subtler and of higher values than the strictly material.
The other three stages of human meditation are as follows:
5. Worship. This is the united recognition and the subsequent reflection of humanity upon the fact of divine Transcendence and divine Immanence. It is implemented by the world religions and it created that path of return to the centre or source of divine life to which the world religions and the heart of man bear equal testimony.
6. Invocation and Evocation. This form of spiritual, dynamic meditation is largely in the hands of the New Group of World Servers and of the men and women of goodwill in every land. These will be generally unknown to each other, but they are all creatively striving and creatively thinking towards the worldwide uplift of mankind; they are earnestly working at the creation of a new world order and for the manifestation of a more definitely spiritual civilisation.
7. Ashramic Meditation. This is based upon the evocation of human response to the higher spiritual values; it concerns itself with the creation of those conditions wherein these new values can, under the divine Plan, flourish; it is focussed on that immediate aspect of the Path which humanity needs to tread, and its intent is to swing into creative activity the desires, aspirations,  reflections and concentrated meditation of men, at whatever may be their particular point in evolution, so that a mighty, coherent and invincible movement will be instituted which must and will result in the creation of the new heavens and the new earth. This is one way of expressing the significance of the coming of the Kingdom of God on Earth, and the creation of a new order and way of life.
There are crisis points at times of superlative tension in the meditative work of all hierarchical Ashrams. At the times of the new moon and of the full moon, all members of all the Ashrams meditate deeply in an invocative and evocative manner; their meditation, therefore, falls into two parts: the first part is evocative of inspiration from the Nirmanakayas with Whom they deliberately get in touch; the second part is invocative of the New Group of World Servers and enables them responsively to come under hierarchical impression. Three times a year—at the April, May and June Festivals [xiv]* —there is a united hierarchical meditation led by the Christ; these Festivals are invocative of Shamballa or of that which lies beyond the Nirmanakayas and can only be safely carried forward in united meditation, under directed guidance and the highest possible inspiration. Each Ashram can approach the Nirmanakayas as a group at stated periods for which due preparation is made; only the entire group of Ashrams, the Hierarchy as a whole, can approach Shamballa. The New Group is invocative to the Hierarchy for purposes of impression and can be impressed by any Ashram through its disciples in that group; thus the great chain of contact and the great channel for the inflow of spiritual energy reaches from Shamballa to humanity and then, through humanity, to the three subhuman kingdoms; in this way, these lower kingdoms are "enlightened and raised." All this is accomplished through meditation, through invocation  and evocation, carried forward in the spirit of worship, which is the fundamental method of spiritual recognition. Thus, creatively, the glory which is hidden in every form is evoked and slowly brought to exoteric manifestation.
In the destruction of the old world order and in the chaos of these modern times, the work of the new creation is going forward; the task of reconstruction, leading to a complete reorganisation of human living and to a fresh reorientation of human thinking, is taking place.
What, therefore, is the creative work confronting the Ashrams in the Hierarchy and the members of the New Group of World Servers, working creatively under the inspiration and the impression of the Hierarchy? It falls into two parts:
1. The work of bringing order out of chaos.
2. The task of preparing the way for the reappearance of the Christ.
There is much that must be done to change conditions, institute new values and produce the bringing in of an entirely new civilisation—a civilisation which will permit the externalisation of the Ashrams, or of the Hierarchy, and a restitution, therefore, of hierarchical or spiritual control as it was known in old Atlantean days, only this time on a much higher turn of the spiral and with the intelligent cooperation also and the wise assistance of humanity, which was a factor lacking in the earlier civilisation. Once this has been dealt with in the reflective, concentrated meditation of the individual aspirant, in the united reflection and meditation of the many spiritually inclined groups in the world today, and once the New Group of World Servers and the Hierarchy are working in the closest kind of cooperation, then the visualisation and the projection of the intended civilisation will have reached a definite and a most important point of precipitation. Then, the invocative appeal of the united Hierarchy and of the New Group of World Servers will be  so potent that it will evoke a response from humanity and a cycle of organisation, of planning and of effective expression will follow. Reflection, meditation and visualisation will give place to scientific thinking (which is essentially meditation) and to the needed physical plane activity.
This will take place, esoterically speaking, under the impression of the Masters upon the three major rays. The first Ray of Will or Power (the Ray of the divine Destroyer) is already actively working, destroying the old and outworn conditions and bringing about the wreckage of the old civilisation so that the new order can be effectively brought into expression. As the Christ said, when He instituted the Christian civilisation of the past two thousand years (which has gone sadly far from His original intention), you "cannot put new wine in old bottles." The war (1914-1945) started the needed process of destruction, and the post-war period is carrying forward the planned undertaking. It is nearing its desired finish, if men work towards the freedom for which all their souls long.
The second Ray of Love-Wisdom, through the many extant educational processes and through the modern conflict of ideas (producing thus a borderland between the areas of influence of the first and second rays) is opening the minds of thousands of people. The pronounced contrast in ideas—as, for instance, the contrast between totalitarianism and the democratic freedom of thought (does such democratic freedom really exist, my brother?)—is forcing men to think, to reflect, to question and to meditate. The world is thereby greatly enriched, and the whole human family is transiting out of a pronounced cycle of karma yoga into the required cycle of raja yoga, from unthinking activity into a period of illumined mind control. It is a mental illumination which is brought about by the meditative and the reflective activity of humanity as a whole, and this is carried forward under the guidance of the New Group of World Servers, working under hierarchical impression.
Members of all the ray types are to be found in the New Group of World Servers, either through the activity of the personality ray or of the soul ray; therefore, the energies of  all the rays are being brought to bear upon this creative period in modern human history. It is interesting to have in mind the fact that through the medium of all the fighting forces of the world (naval, military and air) much needed hierarchical work is being accomplished; the energy of the fourth Ray of Harmony through Conflict is making itself phenomenally felt—this time in conjunction with the unusual activity of the first ray. Therefore, through the Forces of Light, liberation into freedom will come and it will mean the freedom of all mankind. I make here no defence of war or of fighting, brother of mine. I simply deal with world conditions as they exist today, and with the processes and the methods which are characteristic of the civilisations which have already disappeared and of the civilisation out of which we are today emerging. As man leaves the animal, the strictly physical and the highly emotional and inflammable stages behind him and learns to think, then (and only then) will war cease. Fortunately for humanity, this is happening most rapidly.
For the first time in human history, the lines of demarcation between that which is right from the angle of the spiritual values (the essential freedom of the human spirit) and that which is wrong (the imprisonment of the human spirit by materialistic conditions) are clearly perceived by the majority of the nations of the planet. Within the United Nations is the germ and the seed of a great international and meditating, reflective group—a group of thinking and informed men and women in whose hands lies the destiny of humanity. This is largely under the control of many fourth ray disciples, if you could but realise it, and their point of meditative focus is the intuitional or buddhic plane—the plane upon which all hierarchical activity is today to be found.
The fifth Ray of Concrete Knowledge is also expressing itself powerfully in the meditation and the reflection of the world scientists in all fields of human interest; in their hands the form of the new civilisation is being constructed. I would remind you that when I use the word "scientist," I refer to all who are working in the social sciences and the economic  sciences as well as the large group of chemists, biologists, physicists, etc., who are usually covered by that term. The organising, defining power of the mental plane is being brought to bear upon all phases of human life by the scientists of all the many schools of thought; out of this meditative and creative thought which they all so admirably demonstrate will come the structure of the new civilisation.
The sixth ray disciple is active also in organising the mystical aspiration of the masses of men everywhere which is in itself a most potent energy; these aspirational men (no matter what may be their immediate aspiration) are necessarily polarised upon the astral plane but are not yet capable of the clear mental perception of the massed intelligentsia or susceptible to the influence of the accurate, esoteric approach. Their guided, mystical orientation will be one of the most powerful factors in the destruction of the old values and in the massed recognition of the spiritual truth which underlies all life; it is with this reorientation that sixth ray disciples, wielding sixth ray energy, are occupied at this time. You need to remember that the one-pointed attitude of the mystic, functioning in group formation, will be a powerful factor in the creative work being done by the Hierarchy and by the New Group of World Servers, because theirs will be a massed effect, and usually wielded unconsciously.
Under the influence of disciples on the seventh Ray of Organisation or of Ceremonial Order, that powerful physical concretisation of energy which we call "money" is proving a topic of the most definite concentration; it is being most carefully considered, and the minds of thinking financiers and of wealthy humanitarian persons and philanthropists will be gradually led forward from a strictly philanthropic activity to an activity which is impulsed and brought into expression by spiritual insight, and by a recognition of the claims of Christ (no matter by what name He may be called in the East or in the West) upon the financial reservoir of the world. This is a hard thing to bring about, for the subtle energies of the inner worlds take much time in producing their effects upon the objective, tangible plane of divine manifestation. Money is not yet used divinely, but it will be.  Nevertheless, the task is well in hand and is engaging the attention of disciples upon all the rays, under the guidance and the impression of the powerful seventh ray Ashram—now already in process of externalisation.
The effect of human meditation at this time is to change conditions, to invoke the higher, spiritual potencies, to work with concentration—both vertically and horizontally—within the world of men and within the Kingdom of God. This vertical and horizontal activity holds the secret of creative meditation. It is invocative of the higher energies, and creates a channel of contact between soul and spirit. This is brought about by what I have called "vertical meditation." It is also evocative and creates a ferment or dynamic movement in that level of being which must be affected or changed, and this is the horizontal aspect. Both the vertical and the horizontal activities are descriptive of the method of invocation and of evocation, as employed by all the linking groups between the various planetary centres; a reference to the chart (page 214) should help make this clear.
But all these processes and the entire scheme of manifestation are brought about through organised and conscious meditative methods; planetary, group and individual meditation is creative in results, and it is this aspect of it with which I am dealing in this instruction.
Therefore I shall give—for your constructive use if you care to use them—two meditation forms or outlines for reflection. Shall I call them two presented rings-pass-not for your controlled reflective thinking? One is a meditation for workers in the New Group of World Servers who are interested in preparing the way for the reappearance of the Christ, and the other is a meditation of a simple nature (combining the aspects of prayer, meditation and invocation) which has for its objective the deflecting of money from material ends into the work which the Hierarchy seeks to have accomplished.
To sum up:
The Lord of the World, through meditation, is carrying forward processes which He instituted in His original, creative meditation—back in the darkest night of the time when  He decided to create this planet of ours for strictly redemptive purposes. The whole creation is the result of His directed and controlled thought—a process of sustained thinking which sweeps all the creative energies into evolutionary and cyclic activity, in conformity to the pattern which He eternally visualises. He has organised a group which is responsive to His meditative intention; these Beings aid Him by Their concentrated and realised Purpose to bring into our planetary livingness certain extra-planetary energies which are needed to carry forward the planned work of the planetary Logos. Shamballa itself is also permeated with His thought and conscious (if I may speak symbolically) of that which the Logos has visualised. They are the Custodians of His Purpose, as it is revealed to Them, cycle by cycle. The length of these cycles is one of the mysteries which is strictly guarded in the Council Chamber of the Lord of the World; these cycles have reference only to manifestation in the three worlds wherein the concepts of time and space control.
The Hierarchy is the Custodian of that aspect of the cyclic, planetary Purpose which is called the Plan; this covers such relatively brief periods as civilisations—where humanity is concerned. In relation to Shamballa, the intermediate group of meditating, creative Workers is called into activity in order to receive impression of the immediate, desired hierarchical activity, to transmit the needed energies from Shamballa to the united Ashrams and thus, esoterically, "inform" the Hierarchy of that which merits immediate attention.
Again, upon a lower level of the evolutionary spiral, the Hierarchy in its turn impresses the New Group of World Servers with the Plan to be at once applied to the helping of humanity. This group is the major creative agent in the three worlds for the remainder of this cycle of planetary experience. This has not always been the case. Humanity can now intelligently work with the presented Plan, and this for the first time in human history. I would have you note this. Men can now do their little share in bringing the divine Purpose into manifestation, because they have now unfolded the needed mental capacity. The control and the creative  development of the three lower kingdoms in nature is slowly being taken out of the hands of the deva evolution (hitherto responsible) and placed under the supervision of mankind; as it is said in the ancient Archives of the Masters:
"Eventually, the solar Lords, through manas (the mind) will control the lunar lords of elemental substance, and not alone their own but that which looks to them for aid. Thus will redemption come to all through man, and thus the glory of the Lord of Life be seen."
Focussed intention, concentrated meditation, visualisation, directed invocation (producing evocation) and leading to responsive results, are the major processes of creation upon all levels and by all beings. Prayer, focussed desire, meditation and focussed intention are the graded and sequential lessons which mankind has to learn. Worship, or recognition of divine Transcendence and divine Immanence underlies all the mass recognition of spiritual potency. Thus the meditation of the planet penetrates into that which lies beyond the planet and is fused and blended in a solar sense with the Voice of Him Who has brought all into being, and with the Will of Him Who is carrying all forms of His livingness towards the perfection which He purposes; in so doing, the great processes of Redemption are furthered, to which all World Saviours (in relation to humanity) are the symbol, the guarantee and the eternal testimony.
In giving you these two meditations, I would remind all who undertake to use these meditative forms that they will not prove effective and of the needed vital potency unless the one who thus meditates identifies himself with the purpose and objective of the meditation, dedicates himself to cooperation with this objective and redeems all aspects of his own life in conformity with the focussed desire expressed in this spiritual appeal. It is useless, my brothers, to meditate along lines which will aid in preparing the world for the coming of the Hierarchy and for the reappearance of the Christ unless, again, that preparation is an integral part of  your own constant daily endeavour, and is not just simply wishful thinking and the formulation of a hopeful theory anent the future of humanity. It is useless for you to meditate in order to reorient money, for instance, towards spiritual work (and by "spiritual work" I do not here refer to the work of the churches and of the world religions) unless all the monies which you individually have to handle are dedicated to right usage, the fulfilment of your right obligations and the covering of your karmic responsibilities, plus the constant recognition of the relation of all money to the spiritual future of the race and the requirements of the hierarchical Plan. There must always be, in your consciousness, a recognition of the needs of all men, and this must be true of all spiritually-minded people, of all true esotericists and of the religiously inclined man whose heart and understanding are more divinely inclusive than are the hearts of the average followers of any religious doctrine, enunciated by the theologians of any faith.
It must be realised that money is the energy which can set in motion and make possible the activities of the New Group of World Servers—no matter what their colour, caste or church. Money does not yet lie in their hands. Their need for it is great. Millions are needed to spread the required knowledge of the hierarchical Plan; millions are needed to further the work of men of goodwill; millions are needed to educate the masses in the fact that He for Whom all men wait is on His way back to ordinary visibility. The billions which are spent at present on luxuries, on expensive and unnecessary objects of desire, the billions (and, my brother, it is billions, as world statistics show) which go towards the purchase of candy, liquor, tobacco, jewellery and expensive furs, the millions which go in the violent search for excitement and for ceaseless nightly pleasure and, finally, the billions which go the way of armed conflict in all nations must be deflected towards those expenditures which will make the plans of the Hierarchy possible, which will aid humanity in its search for the new, spiritual and free way, and which will therefore bring into being the new civilisation. Billions are required to overcome the materialism which has dominated  mankind for untold aeons; billions are also needed to bring about the reconstruction of human affairs and thus purify and beautify our modern world to such an extent that the Christ can appear among men; through the wise expenditure of the financial resources of the world in the many fields of human betterment and uplift, the Christ will be enabled to "see of the travail of His soul and be satisfied."
I ask you, therefore, to follow these two meditations at least once a week and upon different days. These two forms of invocative appeal can be used by all who are willing to participate in the indicated service.
REFLECTIVE MEDITATION UPON PREPARATION FOR THE REAPPEARANCE OF THE CHRIST
After achieving a positive and intended personality quietness, formulate clearly to yourself in your own words, the answers to the following questions:
1. As a member of the New Group of World Servers, what is my specific, fixed intention at this moment of dedicated contact with my soul?
2. Is my concentrated and expressed personality purpose in line with hierarchical intention—as far as I am permitted to know it?
3. Have I—in my own personal daily life—earned the right (because of definite effort and not so much because of success) to stand with those Servers Who are now undertaking the work of Preparation?
This is the one time in the meditation where you think of yourself, and it is here because it is a method of personality, focussed attention and aligns your personality upon the mental plane.
Having answered these three questions in the light of the soul, then say with emphasis:
"Forgetting the things which lie behind, I will strive towards my higher spiritual possibilities. I dedicate myself anew to the service of the Coming  One and will do all I can to prepare men's minds and hearts for that event. I have no other life intention."
1. Visualise the world situation as best you can and in terms of your major world interest and with what knowledge of world affairs you may possess. See the mass of men everywhere glowing with a dim light and, here and there, points of brighter light where members of the New Group of World Servers and men of spiritual intention and of loving hearts are working for their fellowmen.
2. Then visualise (through the creative imagination) the vivid light of the Hierarchy, streaming towards humanity and slowly merging with the light which is already in men. Then say the first stanza of the Invocation:
"From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let Light stream forth into the minds of men.
Let Light descend on Earth."
3. Then ponder upon the reappearance of the Christ; realise that no matter by what name He may be called in the many world religions, He is still the same great Identity; reflect and speculate upon the possible results of His appearance. Then say the second stanza of the Invocation:
"From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let Love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May Christ return to Earth."
4. Endeavour to concentrate your fixed intention to serve and to spread love in your surroundings and realise that in so far as can do these things you are attempting to blend your personal will with the divine Will. Then say stanza three of the Invocation:
"From the Centre where the Will of God is known
Let Purpose guide the little wills of men—
The Purpose which the Masters know and serve."
5. Consider practically what you can do in the coming week to further the preparations for the coming of the Christ.
Then sound the OM three times, dedicating the threefold personality to the work of preparation.
1. It is suggested that you do this meditation once every week, each Thursday, in the place of your usual meditation; endeavour to assume an attitude of aspiration, devotion, prayer and fixed intention (in this order), prior to following the outline. Esoteric students need the heart approach, as well as the mental approach, in order to make this meditation the powerful instrument which it can be.
2. Between Thursdays endeavour to carry out the results of the reflection expressed in this meditation. Lay practical plans and then review each week the planned activities when you sit down to this meditation, in the light of your expressed Intention.
3. Make this meditation brief and dynamic. After doing it a few times, this should be easily possible; forget the various stages and be impelled by the sequence and the synthesis of the form.
REFLECTIVE MEDITATION ON ATTRACTING MONEY FOR HIERARCHICAL PURPOSES
After achieving a positive and intended personality quietness, formulate clearly to yourself and in your own words, the answers to the following questions:
1. If money is one of the most important things needed today for spiritual work, what is the factor which is at present deflecting it away from the work of the Hierarchy?
2. What is my personal attitude towards money? Do I regard it as a great and possible spiritual asset, or do I think of it in material terms?
3. What is my personal responsibility in regard to money which passes through my hands? Am I handling it as a disciple of the Masters should handle it?
1. Ponder on the redemption of humanity through the right use of money. Visualise the money in the world today as
a. Concretised energy, at present largely used for purely material purposes and for the satisfaction (where the individual is concerned) of purely personal desires.
b. Visualise money as a great stream of flowing golden substance, passing out of the control of the Forces of Materialism into the control of the Forces of Light.
2. Then say the following invocative prayer, with focussed mental concentration and from a heartfelt desire to meet spiritual demands:
"O Thou in Whom we live and move and have our being, the Power that can make all things new, turn to spiritual purposes the money in the world; touch the hearts of men everywhere so that they may give to the work of the Hierarchy that which has hitherto been given to material satisfaction. The New Group of World Servers needs money in large quantities. I ask that the needed vast sums may be made available. May this potent energy of Thine be in the hands of the Forces of Light."
3. Then visualise the work to be done by those groups which claim your present allegiance (i.e., the Arcane School and the Service Activities, or any other group which you know is attempting to carry out the hierarchical Plan). Then, through the creative imagination and by an act of the will, see untold and unlimited sums of money pouring into the hands of those who seek to do the Masters' work.
4. Then say aloud, with conviction and emphasis: