The world has a spiritual destiny. Behind evolution there is an abiding purpose, which we can call the Plan of God.
All who respond to spiritual need can, in their own way and within their own environment, co-operate in fulfilling the divine Plan.
The Plan works out through humanity. We are responsible for understanding it, and for doing what we can through our daily living to express its meaning and significance.
Triangles aids the divine Plan by working for the following objectives:
- To establish right human relations and to spread goodwill and understanding (light) among all peoples.
- To raise the level of human consciousness and to transform the mental and spiritual climate of the planet.
- To strengthen and support the work of the men and women of goodwill in the world.
- To provide a reservoir of thought and to inspire practical and constructive action on behalf of humanity.
Triangles achieves its objectives by linking men and women of goodwill in a spiritual world service that transcends all barriers of race, creed, class, economic and political conviction. Triangles creates a worldwide network of light and goodwill for the distribution of spiritual energies and provides a means of practical co-operation and intercommunication among men and women of goodwill. To this end, Triangles:
- Encourages men and women of goodwill to form triangles and assists them by explaining the work and by the provision of literature.
- Publishes a bulletin - this bulletin is an educational service activity of Triangles, and is sent to all members and other interested men and women of goodwill.
- Issues other literature of spiritual and educational value.
- Stimulates the formation of units of service in which men and women of goodwill can join together in practical world service.
- Helps to organise an annual world day of invocation.
How Triangles Function
There is increasing recognition of the power of constructive thought. This power can be employed on a worldwide scale for spiritual purposes if each one tries to understand the spiritual need of the world.
A triangle is a group of three people who link each day in thought for a few minutes of creative meditation. They need not necessarily live in the same locality, and many international triangles exist.
Each day members sit quietly for a few minutes and link mentally with other members of their triangle, or triangles. They invoke the energies of light and goodwill, visualising these energies as circulating through the three focal points of each triangle, and pouring out through the network of triangles surrounding the planet. At the same time they repeat the Great Invocation, thus helping to form a channel for the downpouring of light and love into the consciousness of humanity.
The work takes only a few minutes to perform and can be fitted into the most crowded programme. It is not necessary for members to synchronise the time at which the work is done, as once a triangle is built and functioning, it can be vitalised by any one of its members.
All men and women of goodwill who are willing to do the work outlined above and accept the world service objectives of Triangles are invited to participate. There are no other requirements or membership subscription. The financial needs of the work are provided solely and entirely by gifts of members and friends.
The Great Invocation
The Great Invocation is a world prayer translated into almost seventy languages and dialects, and is used by all members of Triangles. It expresses certain central truths:
- That there exists a basic Intelligence to Whom we give the name of God.
- That there is a divine evolutionary Plan in the universe--the motivating power of which is love.
- That a great individuality called by Christians the Christ - the World Teacher - came to Earth and embodied that Love so that we could understand that love and intelligence are effects of the Purpose, and the Will, and the Plan of God. Many religions believe in a World Teacher, knowing Him under such names as the Lord Maitreya, the Imam Mahdi and the Messiah.
- The truth that only through humanity itself can the divine Plan work out.
The Great Invocation
From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
Let Light descend on Earth.
From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May Christ return to Earth.
From the centre where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men –
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.
From the centre which we call the race of men
Let the Plan of Love and Light work out
And may it seal the door where evil dwells.
Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.
Twelve Points about Triangles
The work of Triangles is simple, yet of deep spiritual significance. In order to clarify and reveal its essential simplicity, the following points are useful:
What is "Triangles"?
Triangles is an activity whereby a network of light and goodwill covering the entire planet is created and maintained.
Why a network?
A network provides the necessary interlocking strands or channels along which flow the spiritual energies of light and goodwill invoked by all Triangles workers.
Why a triangle?
The triangle is a basic geometric figure, spiritually symbolic of the essential Trinity of the Godhead. Three people can work as a group and provide three linked focal points through which spiritual energy can circulate.
What does the network consist of?
The network is built of strands of lighted mental substance along which flows the energy of goodwill.
How is it built?
The network is built and maintained by the daily action of each Triangles worker invoking spiritual energies and using the creative power of the mind.
How is the work done?
Individuals link in thought and purpose with the other two members of their triangle, or triangles, seeing the vital energies of light and goodwill circulating from point to point. They then direct the flow of energy into the network, clearly visualising the radiant worldwide network of triangles, of which their own is a part. They then repeat the words of the Great Invocation with concentration and intention.
Why use the Invocation?
The use of the Great Invocation focuses and releases the spiritual energies available for the vitalising of the whole network.
What is the motive for joining Triangles?
The motive is not personal benefit but world service.
How does the network increase (1) in quantity, (2) in quality?
(1) It is the responsibility of each Triangles worker to interest other men and women of goodwill and form new triangles for the strengthening and expansion of the network.
(2) The magnetic and radiant potency of the Triangles network depends upon the spiritual contribution of each individual triangle to the whole, which in turn depends upon the daily action of each Triangles worker.
How is each triangle maintained?
Triangles workers keep in touch with each other by letter and personal contact, where possible, to ensure that their triangle is maintained as a functioning unit within the network.
Who is eligible for membership?
All intelligent men and women of goodwill everywhere in the world without distinction of race, religion, creed, caste or colour, are needed for service within the Triangles network.
Is Triangles a religious movement?
Triangles is not connected with, or confined to, any one of the great world religions. It is a universal spiritual project which, in practice, includes men and women of all faiths.
The Triangles Network covers the globe and includes the following countries:
| Papua New Guinea
Trinidad & Tobago
The Triangles work, therefore, is an act of service to humanity. Triangles workers take up the activity in a spirit of co-operation and selfless service, and in order to stimulate and increase the flow of light and goodwill all over the world.