An Affirmation of Goodwill
WE, THE PEOPLE OF GOODWILL, CONVINCED:
- that there is potential for good in every human being
- that the human family can live together in right relations and at peace
- that right relationship between peoples and nations and between humanity and the earth is the key to world peace and progress
- that practical goodwill is the key to the right relationships
- the only way to guarantee a future of peace and progress for the whole human race is for enough men and women of goodwill to accept responsibility for the establishing of right relations, and to work actively with the principles of unity and goodwill.
AFFIRM OUR INTENTION:
- to practice goodwill in all our relationships, in all daily affairs and in our attitudes and actions towards those of other nations, ethnic groups, religions and social backgrounds, and towards the earth
- to support and cooperate with those in positions of influence and responsibility who use goodwill and reason, instead of force and coercion
- to encourage, publicise and work for an attitude of practical goodwill in local, national and international groups and institutions.