The Easter Festival is observed at the time of the Spring full moon of Aries. Rather than being an exclusively Christian Festival it is a planetary event, in which anyone of any religious belief may participate. For the Christ belongs to everyone and is the same “great identity” in all the world religions. The Easter Festival is the Festival of the risen, living Christ, the teacher of humanity and the head of the spiritual Hierarchy of the planet–that kingdom in nature we know as the kingdom of souls. He is the expression and the embodiment of the love of God. At Easter the nature of God’s love as a living, radiant force is emphasised.
What are called the “Forces of Restoration” are also active at the time of the Easter Festival. These Forces are connected with the intelligence principle in the divine nature, stimulating the human intellect. This type of energy is peculiarly creative. It is a mass energy, related to the stimulation of the mass intelligence. It makes people think, plan and take action. It produces neither good nor bad results but simply brings about the awakening of the mind so that intelligent action may be taken. The action itself is necessarily dependent upon the type of mind and the point in evolution of those who respond to the Forces of Restoration. Ethnic and national background; religious and cultural traditions are also a conditioning factor. These active Forces frequently produce increased initial difficulties but lead eventually to a definite reorganisation of the national life. Their effects are primarily physical. Their objective is the production of the new Earth and all the outer evidences of an inflowing new life.
Spiritual livingness and what is called “life more abundantly” are the outstanding qualities of the Easter Festival. Humanity has passed through a long, dark cycle of death and destruction. Crucifixion and the “blood theme” have dominated the Christian portrayal of the Christ. But the Christ is a living presence and today we are emerging into the light of a new age.
The new world will express the light, the love and the knowledge of God in a crescendo of revelation, producing seven great results:
- Power to work will be given to the disciples of the world and to initiates so that they can direct efficiently and wisely the process of re-building.
- The will-to-love will stimulate people of goodwill everywhere, gradually overcoming hatred. The inner urge to live together co-operatively already exists and is subject to stimulation.
- The will-to-action will lead intelligent people throughout the world to inaugurate those activities which will lay the foundation for a new, better and happier world.
- The will-to-cooperate will steadily increase. People will desire and demand right human relations as a natural way of life.
- The will-to-know and to think correctly and creatively will become an outstanding characteristic of the masses. Knowledge is the first step towards wisdom.
- The will-to-persist will become a human characteristic, a sublimation of the basic instinct of self-preservation. This will lead to a persistent belief in the ideals presented by the Hierarchy and the demonstration of immortality.
- The will-to-organise will further a building process which will be carried forward under the direct inspiration of the Hierarchy. The medium will be the potencyof the will-to-good of world servers and the responsive goodwill of humanity.
At the Easter Festival the Forces which will enable us to transform life and to live creatively and beautifully, are made available to us in abundance. The whole evolutionary process tends towards the revelation of the good, the true and the beautiful. These principles correspond to the threefold planetary function of the Christ as “the Way, the Truth and the Life”. These basic Christ values are inherent in all humanity.
We can co-operate in meditation with the new age goals of world goodwill, right human relationships and peace. We can open our hearts and our consciousness to the potency of the living Christ and give release to the Forces of Restoration through clearly directed energy in group meditation, focused through the Great Invocation.
2015 Easter Festival Talks
London, New York, Geneva