[The] Principle of Conflict is a familiar one to every struggling aspirant and conditions his whole life, producing crises and tensions, sometimes almost past endurance; they indicate nevertheless rapid development and steady progress. The activity of this principle is greatly increased at this time through the medium of the following spiritual events (the full discussion appears on pages 741-760):
- The crisis of the ideologies.
- The awakening of humanity to better understanding.
- The growth of goodwill which leads to the presentation of certain fundamental cleavages which must be bridged by human effort.
- The partial "sealing of the door where evil dwells."
- The use of the Great Invocation with its extraordinary and rapid effects, at present unrealised by you.
- The gradual approach of the Hierarchy to a closer and more intimate relation to Humanity.
- The imminent return of the Christ.
There are other factors, but these will be adequate to demonstrate to you the increased expression of conflict on all the three levels of strictly human evolution. It is a conflict which has engulfed the masses in every land, which is still producing physical conflict, emotional strain and tremendous mental issues, and which will greatly lessen when the masses of people everywhere are convinced that right human relations are of far greater importance than greed, human pride, territorial grabbing, and material possessions.
The Rays and the Initiations, pp. 610-11