To understand what is today taking place we must recognise that these energies are seven in number. They are called by many names in many different lands, but for our purposes the following seven names will be used:
- The energy of Will, Purpose or Power, called in Christian lands the energy of the Will of God.
- The energy of Love-Wisdom, called frequently the Love of God.
- The energy of Active Intelligence, called the Mind of God.
- The energy of Harmony through Conflict, affecting greatly the human family.
- The energy of Concrete Knowledge or Science, so potent at this time.
- The energy of Devotion or Idealism, producing the current ideologies.
- The energy of Ceremonial Order, producing the new forms of civilisation.
These energies are ceaselessly playing on humanity, producing changes, expressing themselves through successive civilisations and cultures, and fashioning the many races and nations.
This in no way infringes upon man's freewill; these forces have both their higher and their lower aspects and men respond to them according to their mental and spiritual development, and so do nations and races as a whole. Humanity has reached a point today where there is a most sensitive response to that which is higher and better. (The Destiny of the Nations, pp. 3-4)